Sunday, March 9, 2008

Our first Quilt Squares

Here are the quilt squares that have come in....



DSC_0246

These beautiful squares are from my dear friend, Daleea, of Jewels of my Heart. Thank you!


DSC_0247

This adorable "shabby chic" square is from Lizziefitz (password protected blog). I love this!

DSC_0248


The family from Follow the Leaders sent this one to Kate. It is absolutely perfect.


DSC_0249

Dale who is an occasional commenter and is adopting from China sent this gorgeous fabric and wish. The scene is a beautiful, Asian toile. Thank you, Dale!


DSC_0251



DSC_0253

This square and wish is from Denise at Tucked inside my Heart. She e-mailed me worried that the wish card wasn't "right" which is ironic because it is the most beautiful card I have ever seen! It made me feel a little embarassed of the wishes I have sent to people. Thank you Denise! I love the fabric and the wish.


DSC_0254

This adorable green fabric is from Staci, who is Kate's Godmother (and her husband Long, the Godfather too). I love it. It has the cutest little Beatrix Potter type creatures on it.



DSC_0255

This pretty one is from Staci's Mom and Dad (the great fairy Godparents). I have come to know them over the years and the are incredibly loving people. Thank you!



DSC_0256

This fun pink gingham is from Staci's four children!

DSC_0139

I have bought some fabrics for Kate's quilt too. There will be squares from me, Dave, Will, Harry and Scout! This is one that I LOVE! It is called "storybook toile" and it was very difficult to photograph (the camera would not focus). It is a cream background with pink silhouettes. The scenes are so charming. There is a little dog in one of the scenes and it is a shnauzer and looks a lot like Scout (she is actually a schnoodle). I have not cut this fabric into squares yet because I love each and every scene and am afraid of losing some. Isn't it cute?

Thank you so much to everyone who has sent squares so far. Going to the mailbox this week and finding these loving Squishes has been the best part of my week!
I love each and every square and wish.
I look forward to more deliveries this week.

9 comments:

SandyQuilts said...

WOW each fabric is more beautiful than the one before ... I love the idea of 100 Good Wishes Quilts. Many years ago I contributed to one over the internet. Alas I never heard back from the lady. Congrats and what an exciting time in all of your lives.

mommy24treasures said...

oh they are all lovely and you are right Denise's card is beautiul!
I can't measure up either!
How lovely.

Jennifer said...

I love this! I can't wait to see the quilt all put together. Can you send me your address to jennifergray02@yahoo.com? I am still looking for something perfect for ya'll!

Jennifer

DiJo said...

Hi!
Packed and ready to ship to you girls tomorrow!!!
Love,
Diana

Denise C said...

OH Kim.....you received some absolutely precious squares this week! I love all of them....they are so pretty!!!
I am certain it was so much fun going to the mailbox and finding these "squishes" of love each day!

I pray that you and Sweet little Kate are feeling better today!

Sweet Blessings, my friend!

Jodee said...

I loved looking at the different fabrics. I am so glad you decided to do this for Kate!

Jewels of My Heart said...

What little treasures.... beautiful fabrics and I can't get over that card either. WOW

Lori said...

They're all just lovely Kim! Kate's quilt is going to be beautiful!!

Melanie said...

Hi Kim!

I would love to send a square for Kate's quilt. Since Myah's adoption, I have become aware of so many wonderful traditions through Leslie and others. Adoption has touched our family in so many beautiful ways. God Bless your family!